– Caused By Albert Einstein
Prezi to find out more about Your Paper, the right path
A plea that is recurring scientists is normally to simplify the entire process of planning and publishing documents. With every log having various technical and formatting demands and lots of documents being submitted more often than once before book, writers think it is onerous to need to invest valuable time re-formatting as opposed to engaging using the more effective components of research. In reality, almost one in three scientists indicated manuscripts that areвЂњpreparing when asked what work tasks they discovered most aggravating or time intensive, in a study performed by Elsevier’s analysis and Academic Relations department in 2012.
With all the purpose of making the distribution procedure easier, the Elsevier log, complimentary revolutionary Biology and Medicine launched Your Paper, Your Way (YPYW) last year. YPYW is a simpler distribution procedure, concentrating on the grade of the technology within the initial stages of distribution and just needing elements required for eventual manufacturing during the modification phase. If documents are refused, this easier distribution procedure saves writers commitment and in addition, can help them attain quicker book rates.
YPYW has now been extended to a huge selection of Elsevier journals. Every log which provides YPYW plainly shows this at the start of its guide for writers, the following:
” We currently differentiate between your demands for brand new and submissions that are revised. You may possibly elect to submit your manuscript being a single word or pdf file to be utilized when you look at the refereeing procedure. Only if your paper are at the modification stage, are you required to place your paper in to a ‘correct structure’ for acceptance and supply those items necessary for the book of one’s article.”
Your Paper, Your Path needs
- Authors may submit their manuscript (text, numbers and tables) as a file that is single. This is an expressed term or PDF file, in almost any structure or design, and numbers and tables is put in the text.
- Numbers should really be of high sufficient quality for refereeing.
- There are not any formatting that is strict but all manuscripts must retain the crucial elements needed seriously to evaluate a manuscript (Abstract, keyword phrases, Introduction, components & techniques, outcomes, Conclusions, Artwork and Tables with Captions).
- Sources may be in every style or format, as long because the style is consistent. Author(s) name(s), journal title/book name, article name (where necessary), 12 months of publication, amount & problem /book chapter plus the pagination must certanly be current. Utilization of DOI is highly motivated. The guide design used by the log shall be reproduced to your accepted article by Elsevier during the evidence phase.
- Whenever a paper reaches the modification phase, writers is likely to be required to supply any items which are nevertheless needed for book, for instance editable source files.
Reactions to YPYW
YPYW was favorably gotten by writers. In a study delivered by Elsevier’s analysis and Academic Relations department to writers that has chosen YPYW whenever publishing their manuscript, associated with 3,958 writers surveyed, 70% reacted positively whenever asked, “Did Your Paper, the right path decrease the period of time it often takes to format and submit the manuscript?” reviews received from surveyed writers included:
. time-consuming work that is formatting perhaps perhaps not undertaken needlessly.
I did not need to spend time with formatting before being certain concerning the acceptance.
It absolutely was simpler and faster than [the] traditional one. I do believe it’s a way that is good speed the method.
۹۲% of writers surveyed found YPYW simple or excessively effortless, in comparison to 61per cent of writers whom used the old-fashioned procedure.
To guage the effect on reviewers, 870 reactions from Elsevier’s existing Reviewer Feedback Programme (RFP) were analyzed, of which 346 linked to a YPYW submission. There have been no significant variations in reviewer satisfaction. Some reviewers have actually complimented the modification given that it makes their life simpler to check out the numbers and tables in the text, instead of at the conclusion regarding the manuscript as it is usually needed.
“Your Paper, Your Way”, Kelvin J A Davies, PhD, DSc, Editor-in-Chief, Free Revolutionary Biology & Medicine
“Your Paper, the right path additionally the reviewing procedure”, Catriona Fennell, Rebecca Barrie